Friday, August 10, 2007

a story of a craving

Well, I surely didn't whip butter for nothing (see previous post). Mr.S had a hankering for homemade chocolate chip cookies. I gladly belted my apron and turned up the heat. (It gave me a chance to test out a new recipe I have from a book I received as a Christmas present, Sherry Yard's Secrets of Baking.)

They were, eh..just ok. I prefer my cookies to spread out more when baking, producing a thinner chewier cookie with crisp round edges. These stayed mounded. The flavor was good; I'd give it a 7. The dough was on the dry side, which explains why the cookie did not fan out while baking. I would probably not make these again, as I'm picky about my choc chip cookies.

On another note, we had dumplings for dinner, which is another craving we commonly are afflicted with. Chicken with vegetable. Not as good as my mom and dad's. But still delicious.

No comments: