Tuesday, June 19, 2007

my mecca: aka sur la table

I was home on Sunday for father's day, and made a trip over to Tyson's Corner. As soon as I had set foot in Sur la Table, the clouds parted and trumpets sounded from above. I was giddy with excitement as I bounced between the specialty baking equipment section and the knives case. They have the most impressive selection of ceramic ramekins and souffle cups anywhere, along with any type of kitchen tool imaginable, and pots galore! Knowing my special fondness of Sharffen Berger cocao nibs (my favorite bar is the Nibby Bar, hard to find now because of its popularity and limited quantities), Mr. S got me these:

Just our luck, they were on sale! 50% off! I tore into these babies like they were going out of style. I have a serious illness. Ah well. Anyway, I walked out the store half an hour later, with my bag of goodies in hand:

2 heavy gauge aluminum round cake pans, 8"
piping tip, 1/2"
frosting/palette knife
Sharffen Berger chocolate covered coffee beans
SB chocolate covered nibs

No comments: